Friday, September 16, 2011

Abracadabra!

I introduced our multi-digit addition and subtraction lessons with a little magic trick that amazed the entire class.  Over the next few days, we will be working diligently on mastering these areas of math.  Next Wednesday, I will reveal the trick to all students, and because we will all be proficient, you and everyone in your household should be prepared to be astonished!



As a side note, I realize some of these algorithms may be unfamiliar to you.  To assist you with questions you might receive at home, consult the video instructionals I made.  Simply click on the links below.

Addition:
Partial Sums
Column Addition

Subtraction:
Partial Differences
Trade-First

Of course as always, send an email or give me a call if you have other questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment