Thursday, August 18, 2011

Open House on Monday, August 22nd from 5:00 - 7:30

I look forward to meeting your family at Pierce's Open House this coming Monday.  While there will not be a formal presentation, I welcome you to use this time to ask questions about the curriculum, my teaching style, expectations, class arrangements, differentiated instruction, or any other ideas that may come to mind.

One BIG request I will be asking at Open House is to have parents sign up to volunteer!  My hope is that I have at least one parent volunteer in my room in the morning and one in the afternoon.  In the morning, our class will need your help for word study, grammar practice, and writing.  That time will be from 8:50 - 9:20.  In the afternoon, we will need your assistance with math games and small group work (from 1:00-2:00).  The math games assist us in mastering skills and are easy to learn.  As I am working with small groups, an additional helper could clarify any questions and regulate game play.  Finally, and this is a BIG wish, I am hoping a parent (or two) will volunteer to help organize lots of parents to come in lots of times throughout the year.

Again, I'm extremely excited to meet everyone at Open House or the first day of school.  This will be the best year of your child's life!

Best wishes,
Mr. Bauer

No comments:

Post a Comment